The PCI Express IO card PCIeDIO is a PC add-in card capable of measuring digital inputs and controlling resistive,
inductive and capacitive loads in 24V DC industrial applications.
The card provides 32 digital, opto-isolated I/Os operating at 24V DC. Each I/O can either be used as an input
or as a high side output with read-back facility. This versatility makes for multiple configurations. Whether an application
demands the usage of 16 inputs and 16 outputs, or 24 inputs and 8 outputs, or 3 inputs and 29 outputs, or most extreme,
just 32 inputs or 32 outputs, the PCIeDIO fits. Up to 8 cards can be used simultaneously in one PC system.
Therefore, up to 256 digital I/Os can be operated quasi-parallel.
The PCIeDIO card uses latest FPGA technology not only to implement the PCI Express Bridge. Likewise, embedded intelligence is integrated
inside for providing many more convenient features like an on-board FIFO, programmable interrupts, programmable timer or watchdog without imposing any unnecessary load on the PC's CPU.
A comprehensive, but easy-to-use software package for Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Vista and XP supports the PCIeDIO card on multiple versions and architectures (32bit and 64bit) of Windows.
The major fields of application of the PCI Express IO card are associated with automation technology, process technology,
measuring and control technology, and testing equipment.
- 32 digital I/Os optimised for 24V DC, optically isolated from the computer
- Each I/O freely usable either as an input or as an output with read-back facility
- Isolation voltage min. 3750Vrms
- High-side Power Switches capable of driving up to 0.65 A per channel (max. 6 A in total for all outputs) and definite power-up/reset at 0V
- Short circuit protection and recognition, current limitation and thermal shutdown with restart and programmable computer-independent watchdog
- Direct connection of all types of resistive, capacitive or inductive loads
- Driver for electromagnetic relays
- Switching threshold optimised for 24V DC and input current approx. 3.69 mA at 24V DC
- All input signals usable as interrupt events with programmable interrupt triggering edges
- On-board 8192 * 32 FIFO capable of autonomously recording 8192 samples of all inputs (and outputs with the read-back facility) at a programmable rate
- Input signals can be applied even if the card is not powered internally and/or externally
- Programmable 24 bit, 10 MHz timer with interrupt operation
- 3 address jumpers for distinguishing multiple cards in the same system, 1 user jumper
- PCI Express x1 standard height, half-length add-in card compliant to PCI Express Base Specification Rev. 1.1, which can be used in any x1, x4, x8 or x16 PCI Express slot
- Connection of the 32 I/Os and external power supply via 37-pin DSUB female socket
- Optional Terminal Block Interface Module PCIeDIOTB available for easy sensor/actuator cabling
- Comprehensive software support for Windows 10 (32bit/64bit), Windows 8.1/8 (32bit/64bit), Windows 7 (32bit/64bit), Vista (32bit/64bit) and XP (SP3, 32 bit)
- RoHS 2 compliant according to directive 2011/65/EU
|Driver, API and Samples
for Windows 10 (32bit/64bit), 8.1/8 (32bit/64bit), Windows 7 (32bit/64bit), Vista (32bit/64bit)
and XP (SP3, 32 bit)