The PCI Express IO card PCIeDIO is a PC add-in card capable of measuring digital inputs and controlling resistive,
inductive and capacitive loads in 24V DC industrial applications.
The card provides 32 digital, opto-isolated I/Os operating at 24V DC. Each I/O can either be used as an input
or as a high side output with read-back facility. This versatility makes for multiple configurations; whether an application
demands the usage of 16 inputs and 16 outputs, or 24 inputs and 8 outputs, or 3 inputs and 29 outputs, or most extreme,
just 32 inputs or 32 outputs, the PCIeDIO fits. Furthermore, as up to 8 cards can be used simultaneously in one PC system,
256 digital I/Os can be operated quasi-parallel.
The PCIeDIO card uses latest FPGA technology not only to implement the PCI Express Bridge, but also to use embedded intelligence
for providing many more convenient features like an on-board FIFO, programmable interrupts, programmable timer or watchdog without imposing any load on
the PC's CPU.
A comprehensive, but easy-to-use software package for Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7, Vista and XP supports the PCIeDIO card on multiple versions and architectures of Windows.
- 32 digital I/Os optimised for 24V DC, optically isolated from the computer
- Each I/O freely usable either as an input or as an output with read-back facility
- Isolation voltage min. 3750Vrms
- High-side Power Switches capable of driving up to 0.65 A per channel (max. 6 A in total for all outputs) and definite power-up/reset at 0V
- Short circuit protection and recognition, current limitation and thermal shutdown with restart and programmable computer-independent watchdog
- Direct connection of all types of resistive, capacitive or inductive loads
- Driver for electromagnetic relays
- Switching threshold optimised for 24V DC and input current approx. 3.69 mA at 24V DC
- All input signals usable as interrupt events with programmable interrupt triggering edges
- On-board 8192 * 32 FIFO capable of autonomously recording 8192 samples of all inputs (and outputs with the read-back facility) at a programmable rate
- Input signals can be applied even if the card is not powered internally and/or externally
- Programmable 24 bit, 10 MHz timer with interrupt operation
- 3 address jumpers for distinguishing multiple cards in the same system, 1 user jumper
- PCI Express x1 standard height, half-length add-in card compliant to PCI Express Base Specification Rev. 1.1, which can be used in any x1, x4, x8 or x16 PCI Express slot
- Connection of the 32 I/Os and external power supply via 37-pin DSUB female socket
- Optional Terminal Block Interface Module PCIeDIOTB available for easy sensor/actuator cabling
- Comprehensive software support for Windows 10 (32bit/64bit), Windows 8.1/8 (32bit/64bit), Windows 7 (32bit/64bit), Vista (32bit/64bit) and XP (SP3, 32 bit)
- RoHS 2 compliant according to directive 2011/65/EU
|Driver, API and Samples
for Windows 10 (32bit/64bit), 8.1/8 (32bit/64bit), Windows 7 (32bit/64bit), Vista (32bit/64bit)
and XP (SP3, 32 bit)